Lending Stream

OH123_
OH123_ Posts: 4
First Post
Hi, just looking for some advice surrounding Lending Stream.

My Grandmother has had an amount deposited in her account from Lending Stream, this went unnoticed until she received a letter stating she had missed the first repayment - She has never signed up for this Loan, hence is not making any repayments - we have emailed, sent letters and contacted them daily since receiving the first missed payment letter (receiving the automatic 'ticket number' reply). Experian are also involved, they too have not received a response off Lending Stream within 28 days. 
Firstly my Grandmother is a pensioner so immediately doesn't qualify for their eligibility check of being 'employed earning £400pm' the email address linked to her name to 'sign into' the online account isn't her email address, so we're unable to retrieve a password to actually access the account and look into it further. They're sending missed payment letters, however even if she wanted to make a payment, the only details stated on the letter is the phone number, which when you ring goes unanswered. She has been into the bank who have advised they will not refund the payment to the account who deposited the money as this could lead to further implications.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, is this company legitimate? 

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 July 2020 at 1:39PM
    OH123_ said:

My Grandmother has had an amount deposited in her account from Lending Stream, this went unnoticed until she received a letter stating she had missed the first repayment - She has never signed up for this Loan, hence is not making any repayments - we have emailed, sent letters and contacted them daily since receiving the first missed payment letter (receiving the automatic 'ticket number' reply). Experian are also involved, they too have not received a response off Lending Stream within 28 days. 
    Firstly my Grandmother is a pensioner so immediately doesn't qualify for their eligibility check of being 'employed earning £400pm' the email address linked to her name to 'sign into' the online account isn't her email address, so we're unable to retrieve a password to actually access the account and look into it further. They're sending missed payment letters, however even if she wanted to make a payment, the only details stated on the letter is the phone number, which when you ring goes unanswered. She has been into the bank who have advised they will not refund the payment to the account who deposited the money as this could lead to further implications.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, is this company legitimate? 
    Your search should have revealed yes they are legit.
    You mention Experian so was a search carried out ?

You could try them on twitter or try a letter.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,865
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Has your nan sent in a written complaint to lending stream?
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • OH123_
    First Post
    DCFC79 said:
    OH123_ said:

Your search should have revealed yes they are legit.
    You mention Experian so was a search carried out ?

You could try them on twitter or try a letter.
    We've since asked Experian what the next stage is, I've looked on both their Twitter and Facebook page and their last interaction is 2019. Seems bizarre. I was under the impression that any loan would require a direct debit to be set up.
  • OH123_
    First Post
    Yeah she's sent numerous letters.
  • MovingForwards
    Forumite
    OH123_ said:

Letters or complaints? Has the process been followed? 

https://www.lendingstream.co.uk/faqs/complaints/
  • adamp87
    adamp87 Posts: 860
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They don’t respond to emails or at least complaint emails anymore I don’t think.
  • OH123_
    First Post
    OH123_ said:

Letters or complaints? Has the process been followed? 

Complaint letters, and complaint emails, thanks for sending the link I'm unable to access it but l'll look into their complaints procedure further and go from there.
  • MovingForwards
    Forumite
    It was a link to their complaints section, not sure why it went funky when I copied it over.

I assume your nan has copies of all the letters / emails sent? If so, just escalate it when the 8 weeks are up.

Her bank can't take the money back out, it has to be recalled / requested by the sender.

Remind your nan not to spend any of the money in the interim as it isn't hers, she can move it to a savings account until it's requested back and keep the interest 😁
  • They do, they said theyd redund me what they owe me in 24 hours, 2 weeks later.. still waiting, they'd owe me more but I paid my loans back early, they're waiting until the very last day the FOS told them to refund me to keep earning interest on the little they have, they'll be in administration soon. Thank god!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback