HSBC taking ages

Mortgage applied for 4 weeks ago and just says under review. Taking forever for something that surely would take an hour or two to do .

Comments

• Bowley
    Bowley Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Mine took 6 weeks, hang in there.
  • jamesm5094
    jamesm5094 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Is it a direct application?
  • dexterwolf
    dexterwolf Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It was an online application all things submitted like ID statements over 3 weeks ago . You would think they are reviewing the solar system.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It was an online application all things submitted like ID statements over 3 weeks ago . You would think they are reviewing the solar system.
    Is your employer working at 100% capacity and productivity? 
  • haras_n0sirrah
    haras_n0sirrah Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 July 2020 at 11:59PM
    HSBC are to be applauded for being the only lender sticking with 90% and keeping the ftb market moving
     There is however a cost to that and that is so many applications that there is a massive delay. It would only take half hour to do if yours was the only application. It isn't.
    They aren't the only ones though. It is about a 10 day wait across the board at the moment. Every lender is slow 
  • HSBC are to be applauded for being the only lender sticking with 90% and keeping the ftb market moving
     There is however a cost to that and that is so many applications that there is a massive delay. It would only take half hour to do if yours was the only application. It isn't.
    They aren't the only ones though. It is about a 10 day wait across the board at the moment. Every lender is slow 
    Absolutely! Well done HSBC.
  • Process90
    Process90 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    I wouldn't really say there is a FTB market at the moment. It's not a market if there's only one lender for one product.
  • Have you tried calling them for an update?
  • jamesm5094
    jamesm5094 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    I would give them a call and get an update that way. I done a direct application over the phone on Wednesday and they have said it’s in the que for underwriters and will have an answer next week. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback