Advice please on borrowing for a business

lakeslad_2
lakeslad_2 Posts: 7
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi all, im actually wanting advice on going down the right route, i am looking at borrowing to purchase a livery yard to run as a business with my wife, i have £180,000 left on my mortgage and about the same in capital on the house, im going to need in excess of £500,00 what would be the best avenue to go down a re mortgage or business loan ? my avg earnings per year are around £54,000 how do i go about the business loan side, the banks dont have adviser in store yet to talk to, i have wrote a business plan out, but im unsure where to go from here?
any info greatly received 

cheers
Lee

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You'll need to speak to a lender re the business loan once they're open for business. Typically they'll want you to be putting in the same amount as you're asking to borrow, so have your funds sorted and evidenced.
  • lakeslad_2
    Forumite
    it's necessary to check all reviews about service to find a reliable one. 
    reviews ? reliable what?
  • A few things to consider - your average salary now is £54k - if you start a business presumably you will lose that £54k how much will be making with the new business - how will you manage to pay your mortgage and business loans?
  • lakeslad_2
    Forumite
    A few things to consider - your average salary now is £54k - if you start a business presumably you will lose that £54k how much will be making with the new business - how will you manage to pay your mortgage and business loans?
    Hi, thanks for the reply,
    i will continue in my job, i work 4 on 4 off so shift patterns are good to help out when need be, my daughter is well qualified as is my wife in horse matters including working on other peoples yards for many years, we also know of one couple that does exactly the same, he works she runs the yard, so we realistically think it will be possible to do.

lee
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    A few things to consider - your average salary now is £54k - if you start a business presumably you will lose that £54k how much will be making with the new business - how will you manage to pay your mortgage and business loans?
    Hi, thanks for the reply,
    i will continue in my job, i work 4 on 4 off so shift patterns are good to help out when need be, my daughter is well qualified as is my wife in horse matters including working on other peoples yards for many years, we also know of one couple that does exactly the same, he works she runs the yard, so we realistically think it will be possible to do.

lee
    Whats the push behind wanting to buy it ?
    A livery yard so you have any experience of running a business ?

Whats your daughter qualified in ? Working on a livery yard ?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback