We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Data protection breach claims

Options
Hi, 

Just wondering if anyone has claimed for a data protection breach? I'm in touch with a company called GDPR Helpline who say they can put in a no fee claim for me against my Easyjet data breach.

Thanks 

Clare 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't claim for a data protection breach,  You report it to the ICO.

If you believe you have suffered a specific loss, write to EasyJet and tell them what it is. No need to ask GDPR Mugsline to post it for you - stamps are available from your local post office and other outlets.
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    Oh good grief! No more words
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • FreedomBringsPeace
    Options
    @The_squirrell you work in data protrction can you answer my query for south staffs water data breach if possible please? 
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They haven’t logged in since September. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @The_squirrell you work in data protrction can you answer my query for south staffs water data breach if possible please? 
    You have suffered a loss = show what financial loss you had and submit a complaint to the firm
    You have not suffered a loss = you do not need to do anything, you are not owed a penny
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure