Barclays Valuation Timeframe?

Options
Hi,
I submitted my application to Barclays via a broker on June 16th, I had a hard search on my credit file appear the same day and I was told on the 26th that they had all the documents they needed from me and were just waiting on the valuation. I’m using HtB and the authority to proceed was issued on the 26th as well. Apart from using HtB the rest of the application is pretty straightforward (employed in the NHS, no furlough or change in circumstances due to COVID-19 etc). 

When I chased up the valuation with my broker on Friday they said that they still hadn’t been given a valuation date from Barclays, any idea how long it normally takes at the moment for one to be booked in? 

Comments

• lovejellybabies
    Options
    Hi there! If you look back through the forum you'll find an entire thread dedicated to physical valuations in the time of covid. I think it's been slow to pick up again what with the post lockdown backlog but is speeding up now. 
  • watch3r
    watch3r Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    macca2424 said:
    Hi,
    I submitted my application to Barclays via a broker on June 16th, I had a hard search on my credit file appear the same day and I was told on the 26th that they had all the documents they needed from me and were just waiting on the valuation. I’m using HtB and the authority to proceed was issued on the 26th as well. Apart from using HtB the rest of the application is pretty straightforward (employed in the NHS, no furlough or change in circumstances due to COVID-19 etc). 

When I chased up the valuation with my broker on Friday they said that they still hadn’t been given a valuation date from Barclays, any idea how long it normally takes at the moment for one to be booked in? 
    I’m with Barclays as well and quite similar timescale as you .
    ATP on 26/06
    application and hard searches on 30/06
    declaration E-signed on 2/07 .
    House is completed and application is straight forward . 
    Did you have an update on underwriting? Our last update is :
    ”Your key facts illustration
    Completed: 04 Jul 2020 02:14 PM”

• bucksbloke
    bucksbloke Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We went with Barclays last year. 
    Mortgage AIP - 8 May 2019
    Documents returned 7 May 2019
    Offer 16 May 2019
    Completion 5 July 2019 (A year ago today)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback