Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

CCJ Removed from my file early?

New Post Advanced Search

CCJ Removed from my file early?

5 replies 137 views
Hello,
On the 4th June I paid off a CCJ that was issued in August 2017. It updated as satisfied on Credit Karma report shortly after - and I understood that it would remain that way on my file until 6 years from the start date - so would drop off in August 2023.

Just checked my report on Clearscore (which comes form equifax?) this morning and in the updates for July - it says court judgement removed. The CCJ shows on my file as Discharge date: 4th June. I looked up what discharged CCJ meant and I read that a CCJ is discharged when it's paid within the first month. Could it be that the CCJ was updated as dischrged instead of satisfied by mistake?

I checked on Checkyourfile - and it's showing that Experian have no report of a CCJ (It was on my experian file until recently) but on Checkmyfile it's still showing that Equifax are reporting it - maybe not updated yet.

CreditKarma still shows it in on my file.

I'm obviously not complaining about this but is it possible that a CCJ could be removed from the account after it's been paid, even before the 6 years is up? Is it likely to appear back on there?

Thanks in advance
Debt
May 2020: £16,307
June 2020: £10,303
Total: £6,004 / £16,008 (36.82%)
4/10 accounts cleared

Replies

• edited 3 July at 4:54PM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    21K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 July at 4:54PM
    Anything is possible when people deal with such matters.
    I`ve had debts disapear off my file, after nowhere near 6 years, and never come back, so yes, anything can happen, keep an eye on it, but don`t be suprised if it re-appears.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • DebbyInDebtDebbyInDebt Forumite
    32 posts
    10 Posts
    Thank you, here is hoping but yes I wont hold my breath it feels a bit too good to be true! 
    Debt
    4/10 accounts cleared
  • Newstart3Newstart3 Forumite
    72 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thank you, here is hoping but yes I wont hold my breath it feels a bit too good to be true! 
    I have a CCJ and it shows on one of my credit files (ClearScore) but not the other (can’t remember which one). It also disappeared for a while, but reappeared later. Thankfully the older it gets, the less affect it seems to have 
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a CCJ and it shows on all reports and on all the free checkers (ClearScore, Karma, MSE, CreditWise, etc) too.
    It is listed in a different section from all the other accounts/debts. The original loan the CCJ is from is marked as a closed account with a zero balance. Are you not getting confused with that?
  • DebbyInDebtDebbyInDebt Forumite
    32 posts
    10 Posts
    No the CCj is not appearing anywhere on my file, on the dashboard I have a green light which says no history of ccjs, insolvency or bankruptcy 
    Debt
    4/10 accounts cleared