Clarke Willmott - Taunton

Options
I think a few of you use them to pay ? how quick are they at setting up ?

I sent my IPA signed on 1/11 to OR , they returned it to me on 13/11 saying CW would be in touch ...... nothing yet :confused:

I was supposed to pay my first payment on 1/12 :confused:

Also while on the subject, my bank account is actually looking quite healthy lol first time in 7 years or more , how do you cope with the temptation to use it ;) mainly because I changed to the Co-Op and that took a few weeks, so I am behind with Housing Payment, but that will get paid soon.

Has anyone used the co-op Internet Banking ? can that be used to pay Clarke Willmott ?

P.S. Still thinking about answering the "Sex Life" thread :o

Comments

• ClaireLR
    ClaireLR Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi TA

Clarke Willmott collect my tax, I had a letter from them a few days after my first payment was due (I think) and I made a debit card payment. They then sent a form for me to fill in for a standing order (at my request) which I had to send to my bank (Co-op) and this was set up in time for the next payment. Since then I've had not problems, they take the payment every month on the 1st (again my request) and have been a pleasure to deal with tbh.

One thing I would say with Co-op banking is be careful because the balance showing on your account on the net is not always the same as you balance available to spend. so say if for instance you had £300 in you bank today and spent £100 on your card, the net would still tell you that you had £300 available. You can get an up to date balance from a cashpoint or over the phone.

HTH

Claire
    Sometimes you have to go through
    the rain to get to the
    rainbow
  • wherediditallgo
    Options
    When I got my letter from the OR with CW's details, I got a letter from CW very shortly afterwards. They were flexible with the payment date, allowing me to pick a date after payday, which really helped. They also told me that they don't mind if it's a day or so late, as long as they know it's coming, especially if someone's sending a cheque. I pay them using my Electron card - they take my reference number, confirm the amount to be paid. I usually get a letter within a couple of days confirming receipt of my payment & the date the next payment is due. All the staff I've spoken to have been very polite & efficient, & if I had a problem with making a payment one month I wouldn't be afraid to discuss it with them. I would ring them - maybe the letter got held up or lost in the post. I think they'll be fine about the first payment, seeing as it's not your fault. :)

As for being tempted to spend money in your account, I don't think the temptation I feel will ever completely go away. However, it does get easier to live with the longer you're BR. I sometimes think I need a 12-step programme - at this time of year, the 12 steps seem to consist of "Step 1 - cashpoint, Step 2 - Matalan/Ikea/Primark, Step 3 - home to drop the bags off, Step 4 - have a cappuccino before going back out again".... :o:D
  • user55
    user55 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Having a healthy balance somehow terrifies me! I see it and imagine it must be a terrible mistake ( a couple of times it has been!) and I'm scared to spend any of it.

Note to self: I have a haircutting budget. I have hair that is in desperate need of a cut. It's Xmas. Book the damn appointment!
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    user55 wrote: »
    Note to self: I have a haircutting budget. I have hair that is in desperate need of a cut. It's Xmas. Book the damn appointment!

Me too, user - I'm starting to look like a sixties hippy. :eek: :eek:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • TaxAvoider
    Options
    Thanks ...... grrrr wrote a long reply which got lost :mad:
  • TaxAvoider
    Options
    Two CW threads ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing