A Friend of mine

A friend of mine wants me to ask about there situation. They were unmarried and bought a house together in joint names.The relationship fell apart and my friend left the jointly owened home .The partner who remained in the house then lost there job and refused/could not pay any Bills so my friend continued to pay mortage /and other housing assosiated bills all the time hoping to save the relationship.
My friend realised after several monthes that the relationship was over so he attempted to put property up for sale but ex partner refused to allow its sale and refused to leave.After another few monthes my friend decided to stop paying any bills on the property as they were strugling on a low wage.The partner in the house formed a new relationship with someone who was employed but still refused to pay any bills so my friend then sought legal action and the joint property was then sold at auction with a shortfall of £40000.
My friend has recieved a couple of letters implying he is responsibale for the shortfall as the ex does not work and my friend has now got a decent job with decent money.
My friend has also been informed by a "Friend" who worked in mortage debt department that if they basically ignore all correspondants for 7 year then debt will be wrote off !!
Any thoughts on this please.
Keep in your thoughts the poor Beasts of burden around the World and curse All who do them harm.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure