M&S to revamp Sparks loyalty scheme - but how good are the new perks?

Options

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a way to "use up" all the old points before they expire?
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    gt94sss2 said:

In what way? They aren't usable in any particular way now, all they did was to make you go up "levels" in Sparks and allow you access to more things, like early access to sales. 
  • marbella
    marbella Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gt94sss2 said:
    No, the points have no value at all and don't even make any difference to the offers you get.  Its simply a way to get your details, I have had loads of junk emails since I joined this so be careful.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The old scheme was totally useless and in fact put me off M&S for some time. I joined and was innundated with mail. I ceased the card within weeks but could I stop it? No. It took ages and numerous phone calls to finally stop it. And you get the loud "Have you used your Sparks card" request at the check out. And all for what, there are no useful benefits for the shopper and I doubt there'll be so with the new scheme. It's just a data collecting exercise. Stay away and hopefully they'll drop it.
  • sunlily
    Options
    https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/sparks-is-changing#intid=sparks-hub_sparks_pre-banner_020720_img_graphic_txt_learn-more
    Thought this might be of interest. I received offers on three items I buy and for a free tea or coffee from the cafe
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have missed crucial information about my M&S credit card as I get so many M&S emails for Sparks - up to several a day.  Very annoying.  And now they are going to only give me stuff if I have a Sparks app?  What a disadvantage for those of us who are Neanderthals and don't have phones capable of such things.  Great way to discourage a major portion of their customer base.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • rockiedog
    rockiedog Posts: 144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has claimed their free M&S Tote Bag yet? Its available via their App.
    Is it worth getting and how big is it?
    Thanks. :)
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I’ve just had an email with my new Sparks offers, been offered a tote bag then £25 off as in a £20 off a £20 spend and a separate £5 off valid in store and online. 
    I’m really pleased with that. 
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • Raine_E_Day
    Raine_E_Day Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Brie said:
    I have missed crucial information about my M&S credit card as I get so many M&S emails for Sparks - up to several a day.  Very annoying.  And now they are going to only give me stuff if I have a Sparks app?  What a disadvantage for those of us who are Neanderthals and don't have phones capable of such things.  Great way to discourage a major portion of their customer base.
    I totally agree.  Constant emails and useless offers, yet along comes a decent one and I cannot benefit! I have a six year old tablet (will not install updated app) and a 'dumb' phone.  So I guess that's no £25 offer for me either, despite 1000000 points.  They will probably alienate a large section of their customer base (or what's left of it after their decline in decent clothing).  I only buy occasional food, shoes and a few household items these days, and I had my eye on some cushions but I'll be switching to Waitrose and John Lewis and ditch their credit card too.  Thank you for nothing M&S!
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • loadsacash
    loadsacash Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got the £20 off a spend over £20.00 and £5.00 off an over £5.00 stipend if you download the M&S App on your phone.  
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback