Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

M&S to revamp Sparks loyalty scheme - but how good are the new perks?

New Post Advanced Search

M&S to revamp Sparks loyalty scheme - but how good are the new perks?

20 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to "use up" all the old points before they expire?
  • tehonetehone Forumite
    476 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    gt94sss2 said:

In what way? They aren't usable in any particular way now, all they did was to make you go up "levels" in Sparks and allow you access to more things, like early access to sales. 
  • marbellamarbella Forumite
    837 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    gt94sss2 said:
    No, the points have no value at all and don't even make any difference to the offers you get.  Its simply a way to get your details, I have had loads of junk emails since I joined this so be careful.

• jrh291204jrh291204 Forumite
    32 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The old scheme was totally useless and in fact put me off M&S for some time. I joined and was innundated with mail. I ceased the card within weeks but could I stop it? No. It took ages and numerous phone calls to finally stop it. And you get the loud "Have you used your Sparks card" request at the check out. And all for what, there are no useful benefits for the shopper and I doubt there'll be so with the new scheme. It's just a data collecting exercise. Stay away and hopefully they'll drop it.
  • sunlilysunlily Forumite
    3 posts
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/sparks-is-changing#intid=sparks-hub_sparks_pre-banner_020720_img_graphic_txt_learn-more
    Thought this might be of interest. I received offers on three items I buy and for a free tea or coffee from the cafe
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    17 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have missed crucial information about my M&S credit card as I get so many M&S emails for Sparks - up to several a day.  Very annoying.  And now they are going to only give me stuff if I have a Sparks app?  What a disadvantage for those of us who are Neanderthals and don't have phones capable of such things.  Great way to discourage a major portion of their customer base.
  • rockiedogrockiedog Forumite
    128 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    Just wondering if anyone has claimed their free M&S Tote Bag yet? Its available via their App.
    Is it worth getting and how big is it?
    Thanks. :)
  • alisontalisont Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve just had an email with my new Sparks offers, been offered a tote bag then £25 off as in a £20 off a £20 spend and a separate £5 off valid in store and online. 
    I’m really pleased with that. 
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • Raine_E_DayRaine_E_Day Forumite
    811 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Brie said:
    I have missed crucial information about my M&S credit card as I get so many M&S emails for Sparks - up to several a day.  Very annoying.  And now they are going to only give me stuff if I have a Sparks app?  What a disadvantage for those of us who are Neanderthals and don't have phones capable of such things.  Great way to discourage a major portion of their customer base.
    I totally agree.  Constant emails and useless offers, yet along comes a decent one and I cannot benefit! I have a six year old tablet (will not install updated app) and a 'dumb' phone.  So I guess that's no £25 offer for me either, despite 1000000 points.  They will probably alienate a large section of their customer base (or what's left of it after their decline in decent clothing).  I only buy occasional food, shoes and a few household items these days, and I had my eye on some cushions but I'll be switching to Waitrose and John Lewis and ditch their credit card too.  Thank you for nothing M&S!
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • loadsacashloadsacash Forumite
    588 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I got the £20 off a spend over £20.00 and £5.00 off an over £5.00 stipend if you download the M&S App on your phone.  
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.