🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weights and barbells

Options
With gyms showing no sign of reopening soon - looking to buy some weights (was going to go cast iron for cost saving), squat rack/bench press combination and 7ft olympic 20kg barbell. I've been lifting weights for several years. I've checked a few times during covid and everywhere is sold out. I've been looking on eBay, marketplace and gumtree as well. Any ideas of websites that may have availability? 

Comments

• dwilliams100
    Options
    Unfortunately, you'll have a hard time looking for some weights, especially during this pandemic days. You just have to wait and be patient. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No idea on barbells, but I bought dumbbells in store from Decathlon Weight Training 20 kg Threaded Weights Kit Domyos - Decathlon

They do have some barbells in stock actually
    Weightlifting Bar 20 kg - 50 mm Diameter Sleeve - 28 mm grip Domyos - Decathlon

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately, you'll have a hard time looking for some weights, especially during this pandemic days. You just have to wait and be patient. 
    The original post is from 2020 so I would assume the poster has found what they were looking for 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure