Student loan repayment

Would be helpful if someone had advice on my situation with my student loan. I started university in September of 2019 but dropped out roughly 6-7 weeks into the course. The reason I dropped out was due to the fact that my major and minor courses I had chosen had a timetable clash and I was unable to do both (the university never warned me this could happen when I was choosing my options). I was required to do a minor course as my major only accounted for 75% of a degree. For the first three or so weeks of university, I was timetabled for just 3 hours per week (1 hour a day for 3 days a week). I realised it was a waste of time and I wasn’t receiving the education I had thought I signed up for. I eventually dropped out as a result of the course clash, lack of hours I was doing and the random minor course they put me on as I couldn’t do my original option. I now owe over £5,000 in loans (2 £2,400 loans and a maintenance loan) which they are now asking for. Is there any advice on who I should speak to as it doesn’t seem right to owe that much money for such few hours and mistakes made by the university which led to me dropping out. Thanks 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback