I NEED HELP WITH PAYPAL

edited 30 June at 8:48PM in Compers Chat Corner
5 replies 226 views
marialionzamarialionza Forumite
6.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 June at 8:48PM in Compers Chat Corner
We are all over the moon because of the tick/cross and at the same time sadden for Jambo.
Meanwhile I have a dear friend of over 40 + years of friendship that has a necessity, her mother had an accident and needs surgery. We both have Paypal, but she never uses it and I only use it for Amazon, hence I have no idea how to send her a little money because I have never done it privately. Can anyone help me here? Please bear in mind I don't understand jargon and if it is not much to ask just help me step by step as if you were talking to an elementary school girl (of 67 years but still a girl) Thanks very much in advance.
Since you are computers pro why don't we send Jambo a Condolences Card with our avatars names to his own avatar or address if anyone knows it.
THANKS IN ADVANCE !
Thanks to those who help us to win !
<3

Replies

• edited 30 June at 9:04PM
    womble_lancswomble_lancs Forumite
    328 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 30 June at 9:04PM
    First of all, and I'm really sorry to have to ask this, but have you checked that it really is a message from your friend?  Have you spoken to her directly?
    I ask because there's some really nasty scammers out there who send emails to people, pretending to be someone else - a friend - claiming that they've had an accident and need money, or that they're stuck abroad and have had their money stolen.  Some of these messages can be really convincing.   Please be very careful.

If you've checked and your friend really is in a sticky situation, it's quite simple to transfer money with PayPal.  When you log in to the PayPal website (www.paypal.com), there's a blue menu bar at the top.  Click on 'send and request'.
    On the next page, it should go to the 'send' bit automatically.  Simply type in your friend's email address and click 'next'.  It will then ask you how much you want to send.  Type in the amount carefully, and then press 'Continue'.   
  • K9K9 Forumite
    55 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Totally agree with the above post ^^^^^^

You REALLY need to take care and MAKE SURE before you do anything.

My wife's parents live abroad and a couple of years ago received a telephone call to say that their daughter had been in an accident and needed money for medical care. Didn't ring true and fortunately they rang us first. 
  • pate-ci0pate-ci0 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Accident, surgery? What about the NHS? Sorry if this is genuine and don’t want any details but you REALLY must check.
  • marialionzamarialionza Forumite
    6.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to the three of you. I spoke to her via private message, what I'll do if ask her how we met and what we used to do back in Caracas. No one can know better than us alone.
    But a million thanks to all of you ! Best of Luck in your competitions !
    <3
  • edited 5 July at 3:31PM
    marialionzamarialionza Forumite
    6.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 July at 3:31PM
    Recap: After an inquisitive check on my friend to reassure me she was not a hacker, I sent her the money. She, like myself did not know what she was doing and she sent it back to me , so within half an hour I had a refund of the money I sent. Then I had to send it again but meanwhile I had to wait until a friend of hers arrived to help her.
    Moral of the story: I'm not alone !
    (BTW: my friend congratulated me for the excellent friends I have that hammered my head with "be careful" "make sure" ! The truth of the matter is, I was not going to check had you not said anything about it...But hey ho, that's me !
    LOVE IS LOVE ! <3

<3