New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Opticians ?

9 replies 181 views
At what stage will Opticians be opening ? 

Replies

• JGB1955JGB1955 Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    They've been open throughout for urgent and essential care, but are now open (in England and Wales) for routine eye tests.
    #36 Saving for Christmas 2020 - £1 a day challenge.... £558/£366...
  • BananaRepublicBananaRepublic Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. My local SpecSavers are open but on an appointment only basis. You ring ahead to book the appointment. 
  • ElephantBoy57ElephantBoy57 Forumite
    632 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Right now my eyesight has gone strange. I have had floater, rarely, in the past. This is like that but worse. There is a line, a semi-circle type floater.
    I can see to type this but its frustrating.
    Any ideas?
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw someone yesterday trying on frames then peering through the window to show his wife as she was not allowed in the shop with him. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now my eyesight has gone strange. I have had floater, rarely, in the past. This is like that but worse. There is a line, a semi-circle type floater.
    Any ideas?
    We can't give medical advice.
    If you are concerned talk to a professional or phone 111 if you don't think it can wait till tomorrow. 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/floaters-and-flashes-in-the-eyes/
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    632 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    elsien said:
    We can't give medical advice.
    If you are concerned talk to a professional or phone 111 if you don't think it can wait till tomorrow. 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/floaters-and-flashes-in-the-eyes/
    It seems a little better now, see how it goes tonight. It was making if difficult to read, but now a little better.
    I had my eyes tested around a year ago, maybe I need another appointment.
    I only wear reading glasses, but I have noticed reduced vision this year. When looking at numbers I can sometimes see an echo of the number.

• JGB1955JGB1955 Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I was told, very recently, that 'floaters' was considered urgent care. Please phone your opticians for advice.
    #36 Saving for Christmas 2020 - £1 a day challenge.... £558/£366...
    632 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Floaters are common, this was a little worse.
  • kirtondmkirtondm Forumite
    310 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Any ideas?

This needs urgent assesment to rule out a retinal tear ( idaelly within 48 hours )