Bankruptcy nuts and bolts of it?

2»

Replies

• StevedeadlyStevedeadly Forumite
    22 Posts
    10 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I have paid half of the money for br and bricking it :(
    How have you paid half? Why are you worried surely you should be relieved right
    Just online you can pay as little as £5,but yea I should be relived 
    You may as well save up yourself, as you can’t actually go bankrupt until you have enough funds, so why let them hold it 7ntil you have enough
  • luvchocolateluvchocolate Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have paid half of the money for br and bricking it :(
    How have you paid half? Why are you worried surely you should be relieved right
    Just online you can pay as little as £5,but yea I should be relived 
    You may as well save up yourself, as you can’t actually go bankrupt until you have enough funds, so why let them hold it 7ntil you have enough
    I think it's quite a good way...you're not tempted to dip into it. 
    My relief didn't hit me until i was discharged so don't worry 
  • hopper01609hopper01609 Forumite
    50 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yea it is a good way of not dipping in to it
    22 Posts
    10 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Are there any other advantages to paying off the fee slowly?

what if bailiffs call, can you say you are in the process of bankruptcy?
  • hopper01609hopper01609 Forumite
    50 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Don’t let them in only ones I know that can enter are court baliffs
  • edited 28 June 2020 at 3:25PM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    23.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2020 at 3:25PM
    Are there any other advantages to paying off the fee slowly?

what if bailiffs call, can you say you are in the process of bankruptcy?

There is a long court process to go through before bailiffs can be instructed, and as i have posted on another thread today, you simply lock the door, they cannot enter private property unless through an unlocked door.
    Also due to covid-19, no bailiff action (face to face) is currently due until August.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • edited 28 June 2020 at 5:13PM
    fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2020 at 5:13PM
    There is a long court process to go through before bailiffs can be instructed, and as i have posted on another thread today, you simply lock the door, they cannot enter private property unless through an unlocked door.
    Also due to covid-19, no bailiff action (face to face) is currently due until August.
    If we hit a second wave, that will be extended. It's 23 August as it stands.

I also saw that CIVEA are suggesting their members (the main bailiff organisations) give debtors 30 days notice of a first visit.
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t let them in only ones I know that can enter are court baliffs
    Ignoring HMRC field agents for a minute, a bailiff can only force entry on a first visit in connection with criminal fines (which does include tv licence fines) in the magistrates court
    22 Posts
    10 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    fatbelly said:
    If we hit a second wave, that will be extended. It's 23 August as it stands.

I also saw that CIVEA are suggesting their members (the main bailiff organisations) give debtors 30 days notice of a first visit.
    Second wave looks likely