Working whilst on furlough

Options
I'm currently on furlough claiming 80% can I work for an agency full time until I'm pulled off furlough from my main employer? 

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Foxy8 said:
    I'm currently on furlough claiming 80% can I work for an agency full time until I'm pulled off furlough from my main employer? 

Yes - as long as they didn't send you to work for your current employer.  And also on the basis that your contract of employment does not prevent you working for another organisation and that you would return to your work if they recalled you from furlough.
  • Foxy8
    Foxy8 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you! 👍
  • Foxy8
    Foxy8 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Foxy8 said:

Yes - as long as they didn't send you to work for your current employer.  And also on the basis that your contract of employment does not prevent you working for another organisation and that you would return to your work if they recalled you from furlough.
    Would my furlough stop?  Or would I just get double taxed/ emergency taxed? 
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Options
    You can work more then one job, you get taxed on what you earn so you won't pay double tax you may pay emergency tax to begin with but it balances out. 
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Options
    Foxy8 said:
    Foxy8 said:

Would my furlough stop?  Or would I just get double taxed/ emergency taxed? 

Your furlough would not stop.

Don't know what you mean by "emergency taxed".  You should be taxed on the agency work at 20% for everything you earn with them as your tax-free allowance would be used in your regular but now furloughed employment.  You'd be asked to complete a New Starter Checklist which would cover that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback