Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Intu Trafford Centre Administration

New Post Advanced Search

Intu Trafford Centre Administration

5 replies 287 views
So it has just been announced that the Trafford Centre has gone into administration. Usually when this happens, gift cards are no longer redeemable. I was given a couple of gift cards around January for the Trafford Centre, but given the lockdown, I have been unable to use them even if I wanted to. Where would I stand in this situation?

Replies

• moomimoomi Forumite
    328 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I was wondering the same as I have a gift card for the Metrocentre intu
    Mortgage Balance June 20 - £49,294.83 due to overpayments, getting there!
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres normally an announcement about gift cards, if the centre is on twitter you could ask them on there.
  • eastladeastlad Forumite
    6 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    DCFC79 said:
    Theres normally an announcement about gift cards, if the centre is on twitter you could ask them on there.
    Just checked on Twitter, no posts in the last week. Not even one announcing the administration. Will keep an eye out. But previously gift cards are null and void 😔
  • eastladeastlad Forumite
    6 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Quick update - I recently went to the Trafford Centre and was able to spend my gift cards no problem.
  • CoffeekupCoffeekup Forumite
    26 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Nothing to do with Intu.... But I wish there was a law against selling gift cards..... So many people have been left with crappy bits of worthless card when a company folds, it leaves 2 people out of pocket... The person that bought it, and the person that receives the card. 
    I'd rather someone gimme the money and I can spend it where I like and how I like.
    Rant over.