Recaptcha not working

Options
Good Afternoon
I apologise if this has already been posted but due to the search function on the forums not working correctly I could not find anything else relating to this issue.
Is anyone else having problems with Recaptcha today?

Normally I use Microsoft Edge as a browser. Everything was fine yesterday but now I can use the recaptcha on some sites and it is not showing up on others. It is telling me I need to update my browser even though I am using the newest version of Edge. I have contacted Microsoft but they haven't been able to help me so far.

I then changed to using Google Chrome and everything was fine up until a few minutes ago. Now I am getting error message - 
Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge.
There is nothing wrong with my internet connection either.
Regards

molly57.

Comments

• Molly4
    Molly4 Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Correction to line 5 - "Everything was fine yesterday but now "I Can't" use the recaptcha
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got one recapture error message earlier today, but then it worked fine for me. My guess is that are, or have been, doing an update.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Molly4
    Options
    Mine has been a problem for several hours now.

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    molly57. said:
    Correction to line 5 - "Everything was fine yesterday but now "I Can't" use the recaptcha
    You can edit your post. Click on the little cog shape on the blue bar at the top of the post.

What do you think is wrong with Search? It seems to be working perfectly well now.
  • Molly4
    Options
    molly57. said:
    You can edit your post. Click on the little cog shape on the blue bar at the top of the post.

What do you think is wrong with Search? It seems to be working perfectly well now.
    Thank you for advising me how to edit my post as I did not know how to do that. I will know for future. 
    I searched for Recaptcha and absolutely nothng has come up. I don't believe Recaptcha has never been mentioned before on competition posts. Or is the search issue ME? 
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you cleared your browsing history and temp internet files recently?
    That can sometimes make a difference, or unplug your router for a couple of minutes, then let it re-set.
    Good luck
  • Molly4
    Options
    libra10 said:
    Have you cleared your browsing history and temp internet files recently?
    That can sometimes make a difference, or unplug your router for a couple of minutes, then let it re-set.
    Good luck
    Yes I've cleared the browsing history and file cache. Also run a full system scan. Switched computer on and off a few times. Still no joy. I will try turning the router on and off as you have suggested. I think it is something to do with Windows 10 and any Microsoft update overnight as everything was absolutely fine yesterday. 
    I have however got recaptcha working on Internet Explorer. I have not used Internet Explorer for years and it is not ideal as this competition forum does not display properly with lines of text on top of each other making it almost unreadable. 
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    molly57. said:
    molly57. said:

Thank you for advising me how to edit my post as I did not know how to do that. I will know for future. 
    I searched for Recaptcha and absolutely nothng has come up. I don't believe Recaptcha has never been mentioned before on competition posts. Or is the search issue ME? 
    It's not so easy to just say you searched for Recaptcha. Which Boards and/or Sub-Boards did you search on?

If you just search on Competitions Time (using the magnifying glass at the top of the Competitions time board), you probably wouldn't get any results as it's not a word that's very often used in live competitions.

If you add in, Search subcategories, to a Competitions time search, it produces 23 pages of results but then if you remove, Replies, it comes down to 3 pages, none of which are recent except this thread.

If you search for Recaptcha using the magnifying glass at the top of the CCC sub board, this searches only that sub board and produces 10 pages of results, reducing to 2 pages if you deselect Replies.
    If you put Recaptcha in the main, large, search box at the top of the forum, it does a search of the whole of MSE and returns 30 pages.

The thing is, you have to be using suitable search parameters if you want to get good results and if you use the Advanced Search, you have to individually select each of the various parameters you require..
  • Molly4
    Options
    Thank you thingamaBob I was searching incorrectly so if my question/query about "recaptcha" has already been asked then I apologise for duplicating it. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback