We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How to make a compliant against Amazon UK

Hi, I received an email from Amazon saying they were closing my account due to too many claims for lost package's, which I have not made, so suspected fraud. At the time I could access the account and all looked okay. When I tried to respond to them from my Tiscali email account the mail would not send. Turns out Tiscali had closed the account due to a spam issue and I cannot reopen it (may be related but I don't think so. I emailed Amazon from an email address associated with another account (same address etc) explaining the situation and including the transcript from Talk Talk, but they will only accept an email form the closed account, so I am going round in circles. You cannot speak to anyone due to Covid-19! (whereas most companies have worked around this now). Customer Services cannot deal with this, it has to be an account specialist who they promise will contact me within 3 days but it doesn't happen. I've been trying to resolve this for weeks. Tried the Complaints line, but you guessed it you cannot speak to anyone at the moment. Sorry if this soundlike a rant, but I'm sure I would have resolved this with one phone call if I could speak to someone.

 I've looked for help and similar posts but they may be hidden. Does anyone know if Amazon have a complaints email address or do they have the equivalent of an ombudsman? Thanks

Comments

  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Amazon can close your account if it's not profitable for them, whether that's because you're returning too much stuff or, worse, you've allowed someone else to gain access who is costing them money.
    What is the nature of your complaint? What outcome do you want?
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 8,659
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Google 'amazon ceo email uk'

  • Thanks will try
  • Amazon can close your account if it's not profitable for them, whether that's because you're returning too much stuff or, worse, you've allowed someone else to gain access who is costing them money.
    What is the nature of your complaint? What outcome do you want?

    The main issue is that I have over £50 credit still on a gift card on this account and that we discovered that they had been taking a Prime subscription for four months, that we didn't authorise. We have one going out on another account and hadn't realised two were going out. I am not really worried about closing the account long term, (except if I have an issue with any of the purchases in history) but the money owed and the shocking lack of response to emails is very poor.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,695
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The main issue is that I have over £50 credit still on a gift card on this account and that we discovered that they had been taking a Prime subscription for four months, that we didn't authorise. We have one going out on another account and hadn't realised two were going out. I am not really worried about closing the account long term, (except if I have an issue with any of the purchases in history) but the money owed and the shocking lack of response to emails is very poor.
    Several issues there!

    1. You would have signed up to prime at some point by not unclicking the box. Not their fault you didn't notice, nor is it their fault you have two accounts. No comeback with this one...

    2. The £50 credit is an issue. You should be allowed to spend this or transfer it to someone else if they wish to close your account. You will have to keep pushing this one. 

    3. It seems odd that someone would buy things from your account and return them, so it is likely this is an error. 
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

    No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • pinkshoes said:
    The main issue is that I have over £50 credit still on a gift card on this account and that we discovered that they had been taking a Prime subscription for four months, that we didn't authorise. We have one going out on another account and hadn't realised two were going out. I am not really worried about closing the account long term, (except if I have an issue with any of the purchases in history) but the money owed and the shocking lack of response to emails is very poor.
    Several issues there!

    1. You would have signed up to prime at some point by not unclicking the box. Not their fault you didn't notice, nor is it their fault you have two accounts. No comeback with this one...

    2. The £50 credit is an issue. You should be allowed to spend this or transfer it to someone else if they wish to close your account. You will have to keep pushing this one. 

    3. It seems odd that someone would buy things from your account and return them, so it is likely this is an error. 
    pinkshoes said:
    The main issue is that I have over £50 credit still on a gift card on this account and that we discovered that they had been taking a Prime subscription for four months, that we didn't authorise. We have one going out on another account and hadn't realised two were going out. I am not really worried about closing the account long term, (except if I have an issue with any of the purchases in history) but the money owed and the shocking lack of response to emails is very poor.
    Several issues there!

    1. You would have signed up to prime at some point by not unclicking the box. Not their fault you didn't notice, nor is it their fault you have two accounts. No comeback with this one...

    2. The £50 credit is an issue. You should be allowed to spend this or transfer it to someone else if they wish to close your account. You will have to keep pushing this one. 

    3. It seems odd that someone would buy things from your account and return them, so it is likely this is an error. 
    Thank you for responding. Amazon claim that i was making purchases and then making claims for non-delivery, which I didn’t and there was no sign of this on the account before it was closed. The issue is that by a quirk of fate, I had an issue with the associated email address and can no longer use it, so each time you email the Account Specialist at ofm@Amazan.co.uk they claim I have to use the associated email address which I can no longer use. It’s like an automated email, so no one is reading my explanation and you cannot speak to anyone. It’s an endless loop. 

  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,776
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Amazon can close your account if it's not profitable for them, whether that's because you're returning too much stuff or, worse, you've allowed someone else to gain access who is costing them money.
    What is the nature of your complaint? What outcome do you want?

    The main issue is that I have over £50 credit still on a gift card on this account and that we discovered that they had been taking a Prime subscription for four months, that we didn't authorise. We have one going out on another account and hadn't realised two were going out. I am not really worried about closing the account long term, (except if I have an issue with any of the purchases in history) but the money owed and the shocking lack of response to emails is very poor.
    You are aware that if Amazon close an account because its not financially worth it for them they block all accounts at the address. So you might not be bothered about this account, but you might jut find you lose access to amazon completely...

    You say it was fraud, then your email account was blocked for spam, it sounds like your personal info is massively exposed and its somehow Amazon's problem?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.