Forum Home» Gaming MoneySaving

Xbox Keyboard, mouse and maybe headset - Help Please from mum that knows nothing!

New Post Advanced Search

Xbox Keyboard, mouse and maybe headset - Help Please from mum that knows nothing!

4 replies 84 views
Hi

I ordered a set off ebay for £35 and when it turned up apparently not compatible with the Xbox, He could get the keyboard and mouse to work as USB but not the headset.        I honestly know nothing about these things.  :'(
Can anyone recommend a set for a 13 year old that is picky about these things but wont break the bank please! 
Sound and mic quality seem important but i guess that comes with a cost with wanting the keyboard and mouse to work as well  :#
Appreciate any help given. 

Replies

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

I ordered a set off ebay for £35 and when it turned up apparently not compatible with the Xbox, He could get the keyboard and mouse to work as USB but not the headset.        I honestly know nothing about these things.  :'(
    Can anyone recommend a set for a 13 year old that is picky about these things but wont break the bank please! 
    Sound and mic quality seem important but i guess that comes with a cost with wanting the keyboard and mouse to work as well  :#
    Appreciate any help given. 
    A controller is meant to be used with the Xbox but saying that a keyboard can be used and I assume a mouse too, I use a cheap ps2 keyboard with a ps2 usb converter and it works, not tried a mouse yet.
  • DreamCatchMe1DreamCatchMe1 Forumite
    8 posts
    Fifth Anniversary First Post
    He can use a keyboard and mouse with the xbox as has been borrowing my work ones when im not using them. Thats why i was looking at getting him his own and thought would look at gaming ones. 
  • jonnygee2jonnygee2 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What keyboard and mouse did you buy, do you have a link? They might be compatible, most are.
  • edited 26 June at 8:28AM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 June at 8:28AM
    OP you say you ordered a set off ebay but its not compatible, how is it not compatible ?

Could you possibly post a link to the ebay item ?