New Post Advanced Search

Wedding postponement

2 replies 115 views
Mmb181277Mmb181277 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi all. New to the site. 
I have a wedding booked for 26.09.20, however, the venue will not let us more the date to next year until 6 weeks before the wedding date. This would cause a huge rush, suits, bridesmaid dresses, bands read etc.. and take the fun out of the build up. Can the venue make us wait until then?

Replies

• gettingtheresometimegettingtheresometime Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing they are saying so that they can operate within the most up to date government advice so if they can provide the service the ball then is in your court regarding cancelling it 
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared :) thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
  • 74jax74jax Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmb181277 said:
    Hi all. New to the site. 
    I have a wedding booked for 26.09.20, however, the venue will not let us more the date to next year until 6 weeks before the wedding date. This would cause a huge rush, suits, bridesmaid dresses, bands read etc.. and take the fun out of the build up. Can the venue make us wait until then?
    Why would there be a rush?  6 weeks before your wedding date is mid September. Surely that gives you plenty time to move to next year with no rush? 
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....