Successful claim against amigo loans but can’t understand wording?

Options
Mulldog10
Mulldog10 Posts: 6 Forumite
First Post
Hi everyone I’ve recently had my final response of amigo loans being successfull in claiming back due to it being unaffordable at the time and then not carrying out the relevant checks. Thing is they have sent the email and I am struggling to understand where they have said a removal of interest on the loan? Does that mean that they will be refunding the loan interest as they should? As I’ve already paid the loan of in full earlier in the year. I’ve attached a screenshot of the email am wondering if anyone can make more sense of it than me haha. Thank you if advance if anyone helps 😊

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's covered in point 2. They will refund the amount paid in excess of the capital - ie the interest.

However, if Toni smartens up and ask for her payments back, you'll need to cover those, so will be back in a position of owing them the balance.
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    i hope you get on well with Toni
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • superbigal
    superbigal Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Guarantor also actually gets the original loan dont they ?
    Suppose they will presumably also get all the refunds whether they respond or not.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 25 June 2020 at 10:24AM
    Options
    Basically it hasn't been successful for you but it has for your Guarantor. They will cancel the Guarantor and pay him back everything he has paid them if he accepts that but this leaves you owing the loan like you should have in the first place.

The Guarantor has 14 days to tell them what to do with their payments to them, if they dont respond then the payments don't get refunded to the Guarantor and they stay credited to the loan account.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback