Forum Home» Gaming MoneySaving

Changing date of birth on a family member account

New Post Advanced Search

Changing date of birth on a family member account

9 replies 230 views
Janey1aJaney1a Forumite
55 posts
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
My son is not quite 18 but would like to start using a PS 4 camera to make recordings for YouTube. However, the camera setup only appears to be available for an adult account. I am family manager, he is a family member at present. Website states you can't amend DOB which seems a bit daft to me. Short of him having to be set up as a brand new, adult family member, is there anything else I can do? If we set up a new account he'll lose everything he's been doing for the last few years - not going to go down well! 

Replies

• JamoLewJamoLew Forumite
    524 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    you cant change the DOB because you cant change the date he was born on.
    The reason that is in place is to prevent you doing what you want to do which is allowing a minor access to age related features.
    If he is not quite 18 that suggests he is 18 soon - he can wait
  • Janey1aJaney1a Forumite
    55 posts
    I can understand the family members not being able to change their DOB but as the family manager, I should be able to enter my password and change whatever I like. 
    As this isn't possible, is there anything else I can do, like create a new user and transfer his game progress to this new profile?
  • edited 23 June at 10:53AM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 June at 10:53AM
    Janey1a said:
    I can understand the family members not being able to change their DOB but as the family manager, I should be able to enter my password and change whatever I like. 
    As this isn't possible, is there anything else I can do, like create a new user and transfer his game progress to this new profile?

Why can he not wait until he turns 18 ?
    He can certainly create a new account but I'm not sure about the game progress, they might be tied to the account they were played on.
  • KatrinaWavesKatrinaWaves Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! I would like to circumvent the age rules on my system. Please can someone explain why I am not allowed to do this?

• ToxicWombleToxicWomble Forumite
    480 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hello! I would like to circumvent the age rules on my system. Please can someone explain why I am not allowed to do this?

Exactly - typical of a lot of youngster- I want and I want it now.
    He is nearly 18 - he can wait, it won’t hurt him one bit
  • Janey1aJaney1a Forumite
    55 posts
    Exactly - typical of a lot of youngster- I want and I want it now.
    He is nearly 18 - he can wait, it won’t hurt him one bit
    Not particularly helpful. My son is very trustworthy and it's my choice whether I allow him to do something earlier but it's too long in my opinion for him to wait. If you don't know how to help, why comment?! 
    . I'll keep looking into it elsewhere. 
  • ToxicWombleToxicWomble Forumite
    480 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Sorry in not being able to help you break or circumnavigate the T&Cs that you signed up to.
    You say he is not quite 18 - I read that as 1-2 months off but I suspect he might be 1-2 years off if he absolutely can’t wait and it’s that important to him.
  • AstrozombiesAstrozombies Forumite
    54 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    The is no way to circumvent the DoB. 
    Your only option is to start another account and lose everything.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The is no way to circumvent the DoB. 
    Your only option is to start another account and lose everything.
    He could yes or as I said he could just wait, the son is apparently not quite 18 yet which to me it could be a couple of months hes 18.