Bitcoin Faucets

I was wondering if anyone of you have tried Bitcoin faucets? 
Basically, the concept works in a way where you roll numbers between 0 to 10,000 and get a certain amount of Bitcoin for free, every hour - without any strings attached. It looks like this:

These sites usually pay a small amount but some lucky users get up to $200 - $300 which is the "jackpot" basically.
Now even if you don't win the jackpot you still get some small amount of Bitcoin and it's all free.
The majority of them also pay out 50% referral commission so if your friend makes $100 with the site you get $50 from it.
The biggest faucets I'm aware of are:
FreeBitco.in - Maybe the first original BTC faucet out there. It has a provably fair script and users in Bitcointalk claimed they have won the $200 jackpot in the past. The site would even pay you 4% annual interest on your Bitcoin balance and it's one of the top solid websites out there.
FreeBitcoin.io - Been live for 2 years now, the site says it pays up to $300 but I haven't seen any proofs of it yet (which I'd be happy to see if you have those?), looks like the site mainly makes profit from ads, and it has links to other faucets for Ripple, Tether and other crypto coins.

I've tested both sites and they both pay out instantly (or within 15 minutes at most).
The social media channels for both sites indicates there is a lot of interest in such websites so that's why I wanted to bring this up here.

Do you know of any other sites like these or any other sites with similar concepts?

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    IMO a scam in the making
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Sounds like pyramid selling to me.
    The words bargepole, touch and wouldnt come to mind.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 June 2020 at 1:34PM
    FreeBitco.in has a lot of credibility in Bitcointalk and it has been operating since 2013, I highly doubt it's a scam. Also faucets are a very common thing in the Crypto world, faucets are not MLM or a pyramid scheme, but hypothetically - yes, the website owners can always close the site and run away - in that aspect you're right, but they have a lot of credibility in the Crypto world, e.g.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320959.0
    This thread is from 2013 and still ongoing, no scam accusations there.
    The same applies to the other site, I don't think the owners would try to run away if they make a monthly positive income, why would they (think about it from their perspective).

It's like me claiming that Binance can be a scam because the owners can run away, but honestly Binance is one of the top exchanges out there - can they run away with the people's money? (and we're talking millions here) - yes, they can ... but why would they if they make tons of money in fees?

• FreeBitco.in is one of the oldest BTC faucet sites as I understand it. I use it and hold more than I probably should there. I'm not saying it is but it just could be a ponzi scheme. To me it is like less risk than a lot of crappy faucet sites or those silly 1% a day, 3% a day scam sites but more risk than say Celsius. I'm not being funny. BTW I like the site. I just freak out about it sometimes. The guy has a good standing on Bitcointalk as you say and I noticed this myself but who is he?/Are they? Where's their social media presence? YouTube? A face to their product etc.

You are missing out on about 2 to 3 k sats, or 30p'ish BTC daily if you aren't doing the CoinPot rolls BTW. I just wrote a guide on it.
  • Also another avenue I like are cryptocurrency 'rain' chatrooms. I've used a few - they come and go. I used to use FaucetHub before it shutdown/changed. That was a good one. And I used to use a TRON one before it stopped paying out.

The Discord channel for Energi / NRG is pretty good. I can make .2 or .3 NRG on a long day on there if I'm active. That's approximately 4000 to 6000 sats if I were dumping it. And I can do other stuff on top of that. They're not so strict on the chat either. So long as you're not a robot. Worth a look if you're into the faucet gig.

• jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You are missing out on about 2 to 3 k sats, or 30p'ish BTC daily if you aren't doing the CoinPot rolls BTW. I just wrote a guide on it.
    Hi Dave,
    Good to hear some good feedback from another crypto fan, I totally agree with what you said, there is a risk to everything in life and definitely with crypto there are lots of shady websites out there, but those with a long term presence and a working business model are to me ones that can be trusted, at least for the time being or the short term, especially if they allow you instant withdrawals which does imply your risk is minimal.

I tried to look for that thread you mentioned about CoinPot, I cannot find it, do you mind posting a link? I'd be happy to see it.

• Hi pal, yeah I like to see fellow crypto-getters too. Not sure why but MSE mods have removed my thread without inboxing me any information why. I can PM you a copy paste if you like.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback