New Post Advanced Search

Income from blogging

2 replies 134 views
mrsyardbroommrsyardbroom Forumite
1.8K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭
Does anyone earn an income from blogging?  I'm curious as there are sites out there that claim you can earn a decent income from it but I'm not so sure.  Of course a lot must depend on how many hours you spend on it but I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts and experiences.
Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:

Replies

• Chloe_GChloe_G Forumite
    92 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    You can if you put lots and lots of time and effort into it.  Build up a following, join affiliate schemes, find a niche.  I have earned a bit from affiliate schemes but haven't put much into it lately.  If you researched it and set yourself a proper plan, I think it would be possible - but, as I said, you need to devote a LOT of time (in my experience)!!
  • mrsyardbroommrsyardbroom Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this.  I already earn a bit money from affiliate marketing on my website.  As I'm retired I only want to spend a limited amount of time earning money but any extra is always worth considering, especially given the current financial climate.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool: