Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations

Mum's 70th and parent's 50th anniversary both within a year - how to afford/budget?

New Post Advanced Search

Mum's 70th and parent's 50th anniversary both within a year - how to afford/budget?

MoonChild91MoonChild91 Forumite
78 posts
10 Posts Name Dropper
Hello everyone!
My mum is 70 this November, and my parent's 50th wedding anniversary is next September. I would like to do something special for both events, but I am an only child so have nobody to share the expense with and am on a fairly low income (about 15k a year) which means planning my budget well in advance if I am to afford it.
Coronavirus permitting, I was thinking of taking my mum away for a weekend this year and sending the both of them on a few days break next year (I know my mum has always wanted to go on a cruise but I'm unsure if I could save enough).
When/where should I be thinking of looking for deals for both events, and realistically how much should I be budgeting for it? Any other suggestions for celebrations (neither of them are keen on parties) or where to go would be very appreciated too, as well as lockdown friendly ideas just in case...
2020 wins: £30 H&M giftcard, Deciem skincare bundle