Anyone won a cheque recently?

Options
Just wondering if anyone had one a cheque from one of the Take a Break, TV Choice, Bella Magazine etc. competitions recently. Late last year, there were lots of posts in the I Won section of the forum, with people saying they have won one of these comps, but now there are hardly any. Any thoughts?
Latest wins: November: Samsung A51 Phone, Blu-ray, Cocktail Kit, ACDC CD, £5 ITV Winsday, Gin Discovery Box || October: Cookbook, Blu-ray, Kombucha and Shrub Drinks || September: Nothing || August: Official Aston Villa Shirt, Romantic Poets Stamp Set, James Bond Stamp Set || July: Big Blu-ray Bundle || June: £27 Amazon, £30 Mindful Chef, Horror DVD, 2 Pens || May: Charlie Bigham Meal, £40 Virgin Experience Days Voucher, £5 x 2 (ITV Winsday) || April: Cakes & Cookbook, £40 Just Eat || March: £50 Amazon || February: T-Shirt, Pendant & Earrings || December: £25 Netflix || November: £25 Amazon || October: £50 Haribo Bundle || September: £50 Amazon

Comments

• samfa
    samfa Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I won a £50 cheque from one Bauer magazine but the name is escaping me right now.
    Had a very fun 2 hour queue in the blaring hot sun to pay it in!
  • robertjmca
    robertjmca Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you win a cheque in a comp, & it's inconvenient to travel to your bank, don't forget that you can pay cheques into your account at your local post office. Just ask them for an envelope & tell them which bank you are with.
    I 'think' the only bank you can't do this with is Nat West (don't know why).
    Since the lock down I have been using the PO more than ever.
    HTH.
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you win a cheque in a comp, & it's inconvenient to travel to your bank, don't forget that you can pay cheques into your account at your local post office. Just ask them for an envelope & tell them which bank you are with.
    HTH.

You can pay cheques in to Natwest accounts at the post office.

If you bank with Halifax you can pay cheques in via online banking by adding pictures of the front and back of your cheques as I paid some in a week ago. Not sure if other banks offer this, I know Natwest don't, but it's worth looking into if you can't get out and about.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • starrybee
    starrybee Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HSBC also let you pay in via the mobile app
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should be able to pop them in the post to your bank, either postbox, or through their letterbox - as long as you remember to include your own sort/acc no for them to pay it in. 
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • jbissy
    jbissy Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I won £200 with Bella magazine in April and got a cheque sent out within about 4 weeks I think. I did have the option to pay it into the bank but for some reason I said a cheque was fine which I later regretted as my local bank branch closed down and it took me a couple of months to get around to finding another one! 
  • Bigboytyson
    Bigboytyson Posts: 3,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did wonder about this also, maybe all good things come to those who wait like all of us 😊😊😊😊😊. Happy Comping everyone & good luck with lots of prizes xxxx
    💖💖Love Comping,💖💖 In it to Win it.💖💖
    💖💖If I don't win its not the end of the world,theres always another one to enter💖💖
    💖💖Always be happy and congratulate those that do win💖💖
    💖💖Always Thank the original poster where's possible,💖💖 Thank you's goes along way💖💖 Good Luck Everyone💖💖
  • Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    ikkle87 said:
    HTH.

You can pay cheques in to Natwest accounts at the post office.

If you bank with Halifax you can pay cheques in via online banking by adding pictures of the front and back of your cheques as I paid some in a week ago. Not sure if other banks offer this, I know Natwest don't, but it's worth looking into if you can't get out and about.
    Where abouts is this option on the Halifax online account?
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Boom_Boom said:
    ikkle87 said:

Where abouts is this option on the Halifax online account?
    It's on the Mobile app

https://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/download-apps/cheque-deposits/

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport