13»

Comments

• kimwp
    kimwp Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That's much clearer, great stuff!
    My thoughts are,
    - building and contents seem on the high side (but may be right, do you use the price comparison websites?)
    - Broadband is on the high side, check out the broadband section of MSE when your contract is up
    - phone - when out of contract, you can switch to a sim only for much less than £30
    - what is the streaming bill?
    - what about presents, holidays, entertainment, eating out? 
    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.
  • kimwp
    Options
    You might find it easier to use an  SOA template:
    https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.
  • Andyjflet
    Andyjflet Posts: 563 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So i make your outgoings alone £1699.66 ? This is before you save for xmas, birthdays and presents etc ?
    I would suggest an accurate SOA before I post anything else, a rough guide isnt going to cut it I'm afraid. 
    Baby Step 6/7 - £64000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
    Currently Negotiating with HMRC !
  • thenest23
    thenest23 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Andyjflet said:
    So i make your outgoings alone £1699.66 ? This is before you save for xmas, birthdays and presents etc ?
    I would suggest an accurate SOA before I post anything else, a rough guide isnt going to cut it I'm afraid. 
    When i say rough guide this is exactly what my outgoings are before any luxuries etc.... the figures i have provided are round up figures etc,  but they are accurate. This is my issie that before any other costs my outgoings outweigh my income. 
    Thanks
  • Andyjflet
    Andyjflet Posts: 563 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 June 2020 at 5:44PM
    Options
    thenest23 said:
    Andyjflet said:
    When i say rough guide this is exactly what my outgoings are before any luxuries etc.... the figures i have provided are round up figures etc,  but they are accurate. This is my issie that before any other costs my outgoings outweigh my income. 
    Thanks
    So, rather urgently, first thing to do is get this the right way round.
    Spend the evening accurately reviewing the figures you have posted, then see where you can make savings. Cancel streaming services, can you find better deals for utility bills ? Do you have any savings at all you can access to clear one of the debts and free up some monthly money ?
    Second bit of advice is to increase your earnings, I work 60 hours in my normal joba dn drive for amazon at weekends, this gives me and additional £280 a month to throw at debts / bills. 
    Baby Step 6/7 - £64000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
    Currently Negotiating with HMRC !
  • kimwp
    edited 15 June 2020 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Oh ok i see! Well the debts are in my name. My responsibility. 
    I fully take on board what you are trying to do, but have you thought about the interest you are paying as being money out of the family purse? You haven't put the interest rates yet, but if your partner was to help pay off the loans, you could pay him back, therefore still taking responsibility, but without paying the/so much interest to the lenders. You could use the interest you would have paid to take your partner out for treats to say thank you, into an ISA for your daughter's future or just not have so much debt hanging over you. I am very much a woman who wants to pay my way also, but in a partnership, sometimes one has to lean on the other for a bit, whether it's emotionally, physically or financially, for the family to come out the other side better off.

• TheAble
    TheAble Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 June 2020 at 8:37PM
    Options
    What are the APRs on each of these debts? It would be useful to get a comprehensive SOA, as others have said, in order to get a fuller picture.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Totally agree.
    What is car per year 260? Is this a debt or an annual expense in which case you need to divide by 12?

And there's no evidence of any other vehicle costs like petrol, or tax.

Are you eligible for child tax credits?

The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport