Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

NHS Prepayment Certificate - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NHS Prepayment Certificate

17 replies 361 views
2»

Replies

• TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently applied, saved the PDF certificate to my mobile phone so that I could show it - and the pharmacist wasn't interested, he just said "I'll tick the box and there's no need to show me". As said above, I presume it is checked centrally.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I recently applied, saved the PDF certificate to my mobile phone so that I could show it - and the pharmacist wasn't interested, he just said "I'll tick the box and there's no need to show me". As said above, I presume it is checked centrally.
    Exactly that. You just need to sign the back to say you have a certificate, if you didn’t you would be found not to and be fined. 

It’s the same with my medical exemption certificate, never been asked to see it, I sign the back. 
  • edited 14 June at 4:47PM
    sherambersheramber Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 June at 4:47PM
    You can get a digital certificate if you provide an email address. You'll get your it straight away, instead of having to wait for it to arrive by post.

They do  send out certificates so the statement that they don't is wrong and could cause    someone who does not have a smart phone/printer to think they  cannot get one at all.
  • LadyRosieLadyRosie Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    I have collected 2 prescriptions since I signed up to the pre-pay scheme and I have the email on my phone with my certificate number. Both times the pharmacy already knew I was exempt from payment maybe from my NHS number, I offered to show them the email and they said no need they just asked what the exemption was for.
  • cecilbdevalcecilbdeval Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    Same here and this was Tesco
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 1 July at 10:21AM
    bobblebobbobblebob Forumite
    922 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 10:21AM
    I work for the BSA who handle these. As others have said, showing the email is fine and is what we recommend
  • daisy65daisy65 Forumite
    89 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I had a letter when i ordered my ppc and although i have never been asked for proof i would have used that if i had not got an email stating i have the certificate.