Forum Home» Mortgages & Endowments

Tradings affect on mortgage

New Post Advanced Search

Tradings affect on mortgage

5 replies 142 views
I am looking to port my mortgage to a bigger house.
I've done quiet a lot of trading recently and made good money but last month I lost 3k. Would this affect my porting mortgage application?

Replies

• Moneygrabber89Moneygrabber89 Forumite
    134 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Does nobody have any experience with this?
  • davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question's a bit vague. "Trading" what? Is this self-employment which you'd be declaring as part of your application?
    134 posts
    no trading on the side. my full time wage is easy enough for mortgage
  • ACGACG Forumite
    20.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they can see large amounts in and out of your bank account, then possibly. If you have not gone overdrawn and you are not relying on the money from trading to support the mortgage then you should be ok. 

It is not so much the losing the money that is the issue, it can be deemed as a form of gambling so even if you had a 100% success rate, it could still be a problem. 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    134 posts
    ah right. well I lost 3k but still had 12k float.
    Do you see this being an issue mate?