Around the world - On a Unicycle!

Hello fellow cyclists. During one of my internet meandirings, I came across this bloke (well, a kid really I think he was 19 when he started his adventure.

Ed Pratt - Cycled around the world on a Unicycle. 22,000 miles and took 3 years. He shot video of this epic journey, and I spent too many hours watching them.

Hats off to you Ed me hearty. Well done.

Replies

• deadendwaterfalldeadendwaterfall Forumite
    299 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hello fellow cyclists. During one of my internet meandirings, I came across this bloke (well, a kid really I think he was 19 when he started his adventure.

Ed Pratt - Cycled around the world on a Unicycle. 22,000 miles and took 3 years. He shot video of this epic journey, and I spent too many hours watching them.

Hats off to you Ed me hearty. Well done.

Good on him and I bet he won't have to worry about obesity for a while and will probably have decent leg muscles by the end of it. 
    :o
  • smitt32smitt32 Forumite
    6 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Wow, for me it sounds like something unreal 
  • _TinRibs__TinRibs_ Forumite
    9 Posts
    First Post Photogenic
    Dude has minted parents and obviously could take as long as he wanted on his travels.
  • FarfetchFarfetch Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    _TinRibs_ said:
    Dude has minted parents and obviously could take as long as he wanted on his travels.
    So? Doesn't stop it being an amazing feat.

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.

-Harold Wilson

• edited 28 February at 12:17PM
    united4everunited4ever Forumite
    429 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 28 February at 12:17PM
    Binge watched them all last year. Brilliant, I think it's better than a lot of the documentaries on Netflix so he deserves a bit more exposure.

Now he must be wondering what to do with the rest of his life. Think he was hoping to dine out on it a la Mark Beaumont for many years and make a career.

He bought a drone for the last leg (USA). Shame he didn't get one at the start because, along with his improved editing /filming skills, it improved it greatly to a professional level. He just seemed a pretty charming, honest, funny lad and it was funny watching him go from 18 year old school boy  to pretty streetwise, self sufficient man. He had some great interactions with people too. What a great conversation starter!

All in all, loved it, great sound track too.