Forum Home» Public Transport & Cycling

Which month in 2020/2021 will rail travel for leisure return? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Which month in 2020/2021 will rail travel for leisure return?

edited 1 June at 9:12PM in Public Transport & Cycling
13 replies 641 views
2»

Replies

• yorkie2yorkie2 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    TPE have clarified too, I would deem this confirming the "essential travel" only statement. There is not the capacity or resources to accept non essential travel atm.
    The term "essential travel" is undefined effectively meaningless; it's not mentioned in legislation and can mean whatever anyone wants it to mean. It's a request.

Most TPE trains right now have typically no no more than about 8 passengers per coach; it's not uncommon to get a coach to yourself right now.

• jbuchanangbjbuchanangb Forumite
    534 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    On March 8 I booked advance tickets for travel on June 5 for a leisure trip. Only on June 1 I finally decided not to make the leisure trip, as AFAIK I would not have violated any legislation if I had made the journey anyway. I noticed that one of the trains on which I was booked had been taken out of the timetable, but I could have travelled on the next available service by the same operator.
    I obtained a full refund of the fare.
  • yorkie2yorkie2 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    On March 8 I booked advance tickets for travel on June 5 for a leisure trip. Only on June 1 I finally decided not to make the leisure trip, as AFAIK I would not have violated any legislation if I had made the journey anyway. I noticed that one of the trains on which I was booked had been taken out of the timetable, but I could have travelled on the next available service by the same operator.
    I obtained a full refund of the fare.

Just to confirm if your booked train (or one of your booked trains) is cancelled and you choose not to travel, you are absolutely entitled to a full refund. This applies regardless of the reason for the cancellation and under all  circumstances (not just during Covid19 pandemic)