Covid 19 issues - trying to pay debts on time but having to struggle to financially

Hi all, I am just looking for some advice really as I don't know who to turn to.
I am in debt, and although it has reduced quite drastically and I am nearing the end I am struggling to get through these final months due to the Covid 19 sitatuion aka been furloughed etc.
My total debt is approximately £2000 but is spread across approximately 10 pay day loan companies. I am paying back £500 monthly across all loans.

During these furlough times I am now receiving £1150 after tax per month, so once debts are paid, rent and council tax is paid I only really have £200 to play with for the rest of the month.Don't get me wrong I know I can survive on this but I am sick of having to struggle on the last week of the month etc.
I know these holiday payments are available, but I have worked my !!!!!! off trying to rebuild my credit score and don't trust these companies in regards to it not affecting me.
The loan companies I am currently using are - sunny, lending stream, loans 2 go, satsuma & 118 

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any delay pay will only cost you, so you might as well just struggle on for a few months and it will be clear. 
  • ryanm8655
    ryanm8655 Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 25 May 2020 at 8:56AM
    I’d agree. While your earnings are low, it is a small debt and in lockdown outgoings should be a lot lower.

You’ve posted in the diary section so may struggle for replies...but are there benefits you can access to support income?

Are you supporting family/kids etc? Could you move back to parents in the short term to save on rent etc?

How long to clear the debt? Is £500/month making a big dent or is lots of it interest?

August 2019: £28.8k

November 2020: £0 (0% interest)

My debt free diary: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77330320#Comment_77330320

<br>

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure