New Post Advanced Search

Gaming Headset Xbox One

8 replies 53 views
Paully28Paully28 Forumite
176 posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
Hi All, 
Thanks in advance. What are a good set of gaming headsets for my 10 year old. He did have the set which comes with the xbox but they have now broken and are held together with tape, and given he does use them a lot i want to buy him a new set. I don't mind spending some money on them, but not £100's. I just really want a good quality set, that will last with daily use (especially at the moment). 
Thanks Paul 

Replies

• unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtle beaches. Had x11s with the 360, they still work, were really durable and only cost £30 at the time (over 10 years ago). 

I then ordered xo ones for around £40 for the Xbox one, but I was given xo four stealths by mistake (which are a lot more expensive) and told to keep them. Do not get your son the xo four....it's a heavy headset even for me to wear. 

If your son is prone to not looking after things then I'd be going for a cheaper set now with the promise of they last X long, we'll look at getting a better pair. 
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • ifstarifstar Forumite
    480 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I picked up turtle beach recon 70x for about 30 quid.  They are pretty decent and get good reviews. 
  • Paully28Paully28 Forumite
    176 posts
    ifstar said:
    I picked up turtle beach recon 70x for about 30 quid.  They are pretty decent and get good reviews. 
    Thanks I will have a look. I did look at the turtle beach recon 200 too, so will have a compare.
  • edited 27 May at 11:44AM
    Paully28Paully28 Forumite
    176 posts
    edited 27 May at 11:44AM
    I like turtle beaches. Had x11s with the 360, they still work, were really durable and only cost £30 at the time (over 10 years ago). 

I then ordered xo ones for around £40 for the Xbox one, but I was given xo four stealths by mistake (which are a lot more expensive) and told to keep them. Do not get your son the xo four....it's a heavy headset even for me to wear. 

If your son is prone to not looking after things then I'd be going for a cheaper set now with the promise of they last X long, we'll look at getting a better pair. 
    Thanks, is the recon 200 the updated version of the X0 as the x0 is unavailable where i looked? 
  • unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paully28 said:

Thanks, is the recon 200 the updated version of the X0 as the x0 is unavailable where i looked? 
    According to Amazon it is but I couldn't personally say with any certainty, sorry! 

I've never really heard anything bad about TB headsets in general (and know dozens of people who use them) so I would be confident buying nearly any of their headsets tbh. 
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • SkintSquaddieSkintSquaddie Forumite
    26 posts
    10 Posts
    Paully28 said:

The stealth 600 turtle beach are a nice pair they are fully wireless and a decent battery life and sound abit more expensive but definitely worth it
  • heynayanheynayan Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Consider getting hyperx headphones. They are cool plus falls into your budget. 
  • Paully28Paully28 Forumite
    176 posts
    Thanks everyone, I ended up with the TB Recon 70 headphones, and so far so good working great.