New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Dentist question

4 replies 169 views
Do any Of the dentists that comment on here have any idea when dentists might be reopening?

Replies

• brook2jack2brook2jack2 Forumite
    107 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    No idea in England , in Wales and Scotland some more very very very limited opening in July for eg temporary fillings with no drilling , but no aerosols or routine check ups. Aerosols ie drilling still very limited and at urgent centres and only. 
    Some more likely limited opening in possibly October , possibly allowing drilling. 
    Then gradually opening up fully into 2021. This is the chief dental officers plans at the.moment but they may all change. 

The kit , time, expense ,change in dentistry is going to be enormous. Many dentists will go to the wall financially and many on the dental team will leave , particularly hygienists and dental nurses. 
    It is a really very , very difficult time in dentistry.
  • IbizafanIbizafan Forumite
    34 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    I had a lower molar taken out at the beginning of March and the plan was for me to get an implant when everything was healed. Is there a time frame after which it is going to make the procedure a lot more complicated?
  • brook2jack2brook2jack2 Forumite
    107 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Unfortunately no one knows when implants will be able to be placed again , it may be a very long time and it is not under your implantologists control. They can also not predict how quickly the bone may resorb where you had the tooth out and whether that means you may need some bone grafting. 
    In other words, whether this will affect your implant  placement is entirely unpredictable as everyone's body reacts in different and unpredictable ways. 
  • IbizafanIbizafan Forumite
    34 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Thanks for the reply. It is what I suspected really, so maybe I’ll just forget about the implant, as I don’t really seem to be missing the tooth when eating. I will just have to play it by ear.