Credit file marks

Options
I was declared BR early feb, I personally informed allcall a couple of days later via phone.

I'm still recieving credit marks on my file (Clearscore) for Feb, Mar, Apr and May.. for missed payments and now have a update to be logged next month that my account is in default.

Creditor is LLOYDS..
What should I do? 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You do nothing

The account can only be defaulted once, whats happening is that they are updating say the balance. Every update will include the status, which will be default.

You will get defaults for most of your accounts, until your discharged you can't start the clean process. The cleanup is just checking that the default date is before or near to you bankruptcy date, and that the status is settled\partially settled and balance is shown as £0
  • Morfx
    Morfx Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    mwarby said:
    You do nothing

The account can only be defaulted once, whats happening is that they are updating say the balance. Every update will include the status, which will be default.

You will get defaults for most of your accounts, until your discharged you can't start the clean process. The cleanup is just checking that the default date is before or near to you bankruptcy date, and that the status is settled\partially settled and balance is shown as £0
    But should I be geeing a mark on my file every month for a missed payment / default?

All other creditors have stopped adding marks to my file. (Virgin, MBNA etc)

?
  • sammy32683
    sammy32683 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    I was also declared bankrupt in February and have the same. Just wait it out another 9 months then you can contact the creditors. 
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    Options
    Morfx said:
    mwarby said:
    You do nothing

But should I be geeing a mark on my file every month for a missed payment / default?

All other creditors have stopped adding marks to my file. (Virgin, MBNA etc)

?

you aren't getting a mark every month, the status simply isn't changing each month (once it gets to default). I wouldn't worry about defaults and late payment markers, these are a tiny impact compared to being an undischarged bankrupt. Once your discharged the big impact is the fact you were bankrupt. All your doing is fretting, wait until discharged, then wait a few months(creditors will still be updating, debts will be getting sold etc) then do a cleanup
  • Fighter1986
    Fighter1986 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They're simply saying the account remains in default, unpaid, each month.

Check each account - each of them should show a "Default Date" of no later than the date on which you were declared bankrupt.

If any of the accounts show a default date later than the date of your bankruptcy, write to the concerned lender asking them to change the default date recorded against the account.

Once you're discharged, you can write to each lender with proof of your discharge from bankruptcy asking they update your defaults to show a NIL balance and a satisfaction date of the date on which you were discharged. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback