Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Spf Broad spectrum Sunscreen sunblock

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Spf Broad spectrum Sunscreen sunblock

3 replies 88 views
gesdt50gesdt50 Forumite
8 posts
Third Anniversary First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi, does anybody know if any of the numerous Sun creams out there from budget to branded have won any of the awards, recommendations this year or in the last few years for Uva/Uvb broad spectrum cream/lotion, or spray ?

Replies

• Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    872 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    It's really not very money saving but Ultrasun has never let us down. It definitely does seem to do the job with one application a day (unless you sweat or otherwise get wet, of course). They go up to factor 50 and do a range of cream / gel / spray.
  • StaffieTerrierStaffieTerrier Forumite
    368 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    We use Altruist, which is available from Amazon. It was developed by a dermatologist and since starting using it 2 years ago I've haven't burnt. They make SPF30 and SPF50. I've just bought 2 100ml tubes of SPF50 from Amazon for £7.49, to use following radiotherapy. A portion of each sale goes to charity https://altruistsun.com/

• gesdt50gesdt50 Forumite
    8 posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    We use Altruist, which is available from Amazon. It was developed by a dermatologist and since starting using it 2 years ago I've haven't burnt. They make SPF30 and SPF50. I've just bought 2 100ml tubes of SPF50 from Amazon for £7.49, to use following radiotherapy. A portion of each sale goes to charity

Already heard of them, are good and they sell 1 on there website that is like a Litre or 700ml, think its a litre as its bulk if my recall is right its very competitively priced & they give to their charity