Online banking frozen

Just tried to log in to my online banking with Barclays and it seems to have frozen me out. Says error code RG21R
i am presuming that this is because they have frozen or closed the current account opened before I went bankrupt. I am trying to get through to them as I since opened a basic account post bankruptcy to check that  this is not also frozen. Any advice? 

Comments

• Barclays can be a total pain....can you not speak or email your official receivers office dealing with your case?..if you explain what barclays have done they can usually email something to say they have no interest in your barclays acc etc....its barclays bankrupcy team they would need to speak to
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • george_112
    george_112 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks, my debit card doesn’t seem to be frozen for the basic account as I have just bought something from Argos using it. I’ve been on hold 2 hours now waiting to get through
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It’s probably the whole thing of companies not always have best communications

A department in Barclays has been notified of bankruptcy and have frozen your login, presumably so you can’t use an account you could in theory have an overdraft for

Im fairly sure it will be sorted, likely by closing the old account. I would try the video banking you used before if you still have access to it
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Pretty sure they will close the current account and leave you with your basic one..which to be honest is quite normal 
  • george_112
    george_112 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes I’m expecting the normal one to be closed. Annoyingly I can’t get access to the video banking through the app and the website link is playing up. I’ll try again tonight or see how it is tomorrow morning 
  • philnicandevan
    philnicandevan Posts: 667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 20 May 2020 at 3:05PM
    Yes I’m expecting the normal one to be closed. Annoyingly I can’t get access to the video banking through the app and the website link is playing up. I’ll try again tonight or see how it is tomorrow morning 

I've used these guys in the past.....depends however on your mobile if you have inclusive mins etc
    they'll take the number from you to call and call you back when a "Human" is free.....(been worth its weight lately trying to get through to bank/virgin media etc etc with us

Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport