Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Urine test strips, best ones UK

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Urine test strips, best ones UK

6 replies 166 views
I've been looking for urine test strips and now confused. A company called insight appears to do good test strips for ok money. I want to keep an eye on my urine and check for invisible blood in it. Do you use an strips for that reason and if so which ones do you find accurate and at a reasonable price. I had a bladder review due but it may be delayed by at least 6 months becuse of Covid so rather than go to the GP, I want to do it myself. Thanks.

Replies

• HappibunniHappibunni Forumite
    59 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Why not hand a sample in to your GP for testing? If you have a history of haematuria then it is something your GP should be keeping an eye on. I appreciate there are limitations in GP service provision at the moment but for something this important surgeries are still accessible.
  • sweetsandsweetsand Forumite
    56 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Thanks, Happi but I'm trying to avoid people contact.
  • suejb2suejb2 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Does your GP or authority have this? GPS are actively encouraging patients to use surgeries now to keep on top of existing conditions. 
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    7.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can just hand a sample over the counter  at the surgery and  I will get the result by phone. Previously I popped it though the letter box , with a note of what it was for, as they did not open before I left for work.
    I have read that it is not easy to read the strips yourself.

• HappibunniHappibunni Forumite
    59 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Appreciate you want to minimise contact Sweetsand. Labelling a container with your details, pop a note in with it explaining why you want it tested and deliver to your surgery - through letterbox if necessary - is the most effective way of having it tested efficiently. If you buy test sticks and find blood (or anything else for that matter) what do you do next? If tested at surgery and abnormalities found at least they can send on for testing at lab.
  • sweetsandsweetsand Forumite
    56 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Thank you all, I appreciate  the help. My GP is useless, all phone appts