Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations» Weddings & Anniversaries

Would you make non-refundable payments for June 2021 wedding?

New Post Advanced Search

Would you make non-refundable payments for June 2021 wedding?

2 replies 203 views
Help1234Help1234 Forumite
267 posts
Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
✭✭
Hi,
We are due to get married in Spain in June 2021 (mid week). This was booked pre-coronavirus, however we haven’t booked all suppliers yet.

We need to book catering but the company have advised we would need to pay 500 euros deposit and then a further payment February 2021. Should the June wedding need to be transferred to 2022, all these payments would be non-transferable and non-refundable and would need to be paid all over again.

I have dreamsaver wedding insurance but it seems from other posts they would not pay out if weddings are cancelled due to a government act.

I don’t know what to do. Should I pay suppliers hoping for the best? Or not pay, and hope to book something last minute should June 2021 be safe?

Replies

• gettingtheresometimegettingtheresometime Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    How confident do you feel being able to book your chosen company at short notice?
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared :) thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
  • Help1234Help1234 Forumite
    267 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure how short notice I could do it with it being food I guess preparations need to be done in advance, I’m not sure how far in advance though. And it’s essential to feed everyone so I can’t be left without any catering. Just tricky.