Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Can a gong bath improve my health?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Can a gong bath improve my health?

7 replies 291 views
My friend just completed a gong bath training and now, he can hold his own gong bath sessions. He invited me to attend, saying it has health benefits. I’m actually stressed from work and from taking care of my kids, but I’ve never been to a gong bath before. Has anyone tried it? What health benefits do you get?

“The happier you are the more beautiful you become.”

Replies

• PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he going to charge you or do it for free?
    I thought this comment from the top of the article was quite amusing:
    Miranda Kerr and Russell Brand are fans of the wellness fad that involves lying on the floor while someone hits a big plate.

• MoonChild91MoonChild91 Forumite
    170 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    I've done a sound bath before, which is kind of similar! It's a bit like meditation, but focussing on something external (the sounds) rather than your breathing etc - I find meditation kind of hard to relax into and can't really get in to it, but I loved the sound bath. Came away feeling more relaxed than I had in ages, and I've done a couple of online ones since lockdown has been on. 

I'd go! What have you got to lose really? You'll either enjoy it and have some much needed relaxation, or decide it's not for you. Just wear something comfy and bring a layer to keep you warm - either a jumper/hoody or maybe bring a blanket, and give it a go!
    2020 wins: £30 H&M giftcard, Deciem skincare bundle, Night Sky Almanac
  • vitaweatvitaweat Forumite
    331 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    1. It almost certainly won't improve your health.
    2. MoonChild91 is right.  It might be fun and it gets you out of the house so why not?
  • edited 19 May at 11:04PM
    notionalnotional Forumite
    34 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 19 May at 11:04PM
    I've had a gong sound bath at the end of a dance party.  It was horrible.  The sound went right through my head and I had to put my fingers in my ears.  All I could think about was when they played awful noises to get people to confess at Guantanamo Bay.
    I mean if it's free, give it a go, by all means.  But if you hate it, it will be embarrassing.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • PracticePractice Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    My friend just completed a gong bath training and now, he can hold his own gong bath sessions. He invited me to attend, saying it has health benefits. I’m actually stressed from work and from taking care of my kids, but I’ve never been to a gong bath before. Has anyone tried it? What health benefits do you get?

Wow!  I'd never heard of a gong bath before so I had to google.  Most of what I read talked about a gong mediation or the sounds of the gong are healing or relaxing.  It seems pretty cool, I haven't tried it, but I doubt there are any proven health benefits, other than it might make you happy which reduces stress levels.  Not sure why it's call a bath because most of what I saw called it a meditation, which seems to make more sense to me.

• SomepiddySomepiddy Forumite
    10 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    In my opinion no, it's even worse if the water is hot!