2»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,318 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coffeekup said:
    I sell lots on Facebook and gumtree.
    I never use paypal unless its payment via friends and family. If not its bank transfer only.
    I sold an SSD for a macbook a few days ago, the buyer said paypal and pay postage and I thought oh here we go again. Turns out he was legit as paid via bacs.

Excuse my ignorance... I'm staring to list unwanted stuff around the house on eBay. I was under the impression PayPal was safe and secure for eBay... So I take it there is issue's.
    I've not used eBay or PayPal for atleast 8 years hence me being out the loop.
    PayPal is fine as long as you understand the rules for seller protection , we cover all that over on the eBay board - see my signature.

I sell a lot on Facebook , happily take PayPal and post out , if items are being collected then I only take cash. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback