Ready to get a mortgage

Options
ccl796
ccl796 Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post
edited 2 June 2020 at 11:23AM in Mortgage-free wannabe
I am 40 years old & my partner and I are at the stage where we’ve got a deposit ready and want to apply for a mortgage.
I have suffered with mental health issues since I was in my late teens, the last time I was signed off work with depression was roughly 8years ago. 
My depression got bad again and I continued to work but with doctors help I changed my medication. 
For various reasons I’ve been really struggling of late, I’m a key worker, working with general public in food retail full time.
All my problems have become worse as I’m now caring for ageing parents, mother one household, father and his wife in another. I have no one who can support me with this and I’m crumbling at the seems. Not sleeping well and mood all over the place, even my direct manager asked me what was going on.
i really feel I need some time out to sort myself out, but worry if I go off work with depression or stress it can effect future decisions regarding mortgage applications, insurance etc
Will being signed off work effect my future regarding house buying?

Comments

• dark^knight
    dark^knight Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, Sorry to hear you are having issues.
    I am not an expert in mental health, so I would suggest reaching for help from mental health experts first about your health, to help and support you to deal with your issues.
    Secondly, your mental health is most important right now. That should be priority, and you should not worry about any other matter right now.
  • ccl796
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you, I think this is part of my problem. I overthink everything. Worry about things that haven’t happened yet. But in turn it would cause major problems if this then effects my future for building my own home. At 40 I need to get a move on. X
  • dark^knight
    dark^knight Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't put pressure on yourself. There are no set deadlines in life...things will happen when the time is right.
    Just look after yourself, and take each day at a time. Stay positive and stay safe.
  • ccl796
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you. X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business