Rude Twitter Private Messages

Options
Yesterday had a really explicit mucky DM on Twitter with an invitation to click for more :o . No-one I follow, just one of those random messages / spam that occasionally happen when comping.  Not that I've had any for a long time. 
But then, this morning, another. Not quite as explicit, tho I'm sure it would have been if I'd followed her link.
You'd have thought my username, same as here would have given a clue that I'm a woman of a certain age rather than some bloke gagging for a cheap thrill.
My point for posting - has anyone else had any recently?  
Worse things will have happened in the world today...
"The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."

Comments

• janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    not had any but have followed you, as nice to find a fellow mse comper on there x
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can change it so you only get messages from people you follow (which, I assume you will be following any you're entering comps with). 

More  >  Settings & Privacy  >  Privacy & Safety  > Untick 'Receive messages from anyone' under Direct Messages heading. 
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    oliveoyl said:
    You can change it so you only get messages from people you follow (which, I assume you will be following any you're entering comps with). 

More  >  Settings & Privacy  >  Privacy & Safety  > Untick 'Receive messages from anyone' under Direct Messages heading. 
    Another one today, so done this now. Thank-you x
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
     How awful, I've had strange messages but nothing like that. Usually just bots wanting me to do amazon reviews. 

Hope you reported them each time x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure