Facebook - Where is the Like button?

A lot of FB comps ask you to like their page but I can rarely find the 'Like' button so I just hit 'Follow' instead. 
However I noticed today that the FB page says how many 'likes' & how many 'follows' the page has. 
I guessing these are different and I've been doing the wrong thing.
Where is the like button located though? 
Wins in 2023 - 35
Wins in 2022 - 43
Wins in 2021 - 62
Wins in 2020 - 68
Wins in 2019 - 5

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 May 2020 at 11:00AM
    On my desktop every post shows a thumbs up like, a speech bubble comment and an arrow share and each company page generally has a like, follow and share on the same line near the top as the learn more and send message buttons are
  • redfox5
    redfox5 Posts: 21,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It's the like on the company page I can never find. 
    I've just clicked on a random FB comp from here and this is how the company page shows:

I'm also using a desktop PC, when you click on the ... it's not there either :( 
    Wins in 2023 - 35
    Wins in 2022 - 43
    Wins in 2021 - 62
    Wins in 2020 - 68
    Wins in 2019 - 5
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Strange, I can see the like option both on the page, and in search result list.  That screenshot is on a desktop, but I still get the like option up on mobile. Something to do with the url possibly, make sure it's the stripped back one  https://www.facebook.com/thebedexpert/ 

TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Click the 'Home' tab on the left, I can see that's a difference in our screenshots.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • redfox5
    Still the same when I click on the home tab. I just tried searching and even that only shows the follow button next to the company name.
    I don't normally like comping on my mobile but  just tried on there and it's the same thing showing up. 

I know i've clicked on like buttons in the past, annoying that it's disappeared now I actually need it! 
    Wins in 2023 - 35
    Wins in 2022 - 43
    Wins in 2021 - 62
    Wins in 2020 - 68
    Wins in 2019 - 5
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any chance you are at the like limit of 5,000?
  • redfox5
    mjm3346 said:
    Any chance you are at the like limit of 5,000?
    I suppose there could be a chance, I've been on FB over 10 years. 
    I just found my 'liked' pages and have unticked a few to see if that makes a difference.
    Though it does look like the pages I've 'followed' recently are showing up on the 'likes' page. 
    Wins in 2023 - 35
    Wins in 2022 - 43
    Wins in 2021 - 62
    Wins in 2020 - 68
    Wins in 2019 - 5
  • robertjmca
    robertjmca Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    redfox5 said:
    It's the like on the company page I can never find. 
    I've just clicked on a random FB comp from here and this is how the company page shows:

I'm also using a desktop PC, when you click on the ... it's not there either :( 
    I've found that if you hover your cursor on the company name, you get a pop up window open where you can click 'Like'  'Follow'  etc.
    HTH.

• redfox5
    I've found that if you hover your cursor on the company name, you get a pop up window open where you can click 'Like'  'Follow'  etc.

Thank you, although since I've written this, FB has changed it's design on desktop completely and it shows up! 
    Wins in 2023 - 35
    Wins in 2022 - 43
    Wins in 2021 - 62
    Wins in 2020 - 68
    Wins in 2019 - 5
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business