2»

Replies

• edited 9 May 2020 at 9:42PM
    p00hsticksp00hsticks Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 May 2020 at 9:42PM
    So you have to call them to get a reference number and then use the internet to make the payment? How odd. And I wonder why they don't say this anywhere on their site.
    They do
    (Well it doesn't explicitly mention a reference number, but it does say to contact them and that you can make a one-off same or next day payment by internet or phone banking)
    As per Molerat's post above though - are you confident that making this payment is going to be of benefit to you ?

• StubodStubod Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    ..did one earlier this year for MOH. Had to phone up HMRC to get a reference no. then made a payment tom this number. Confirmed a week or two later and showed in Gov. Gateway account...
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • Joey_SoapJoey_Soap Forumite
    386 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the input, I wll call them next week and get the reference number to make a bank transfer.
    JS
  • wallofbeanswallofbeans Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    So you have to call them to get a reference number and then use the internet to make the payment? How odd. And I wonder why they don't say this anywhere on their site.
    They do
    (Well it doesn't explicitly mention a reference number, but it does say to contact them and that you can make a one-off same or next day payment by internet or phone banking)
    As per Molerat's post above though - are you confident that making this payment is going to be of benefit to you ?

I would never have figured that out from the way they word it. But thank you!
  • wallofbeanswallofbeans Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Stubod said:
    ..did one earlier this year for MOH. Had to phone up HMRC to get a reference no. then made a payment tom this number. Confirmed a week or two later and showed in Gov. Gateway account...
    Great. Thanks. They really need to simplify how they explain things on their website.
    It's also odd that you have to call to then pay online. If you're already on the phone with them, why not just take the payment over the phone? And if you can pay online then why not be able to do the whole thing online. They'd really benefit from some kind of online chat option or something.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    84.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubod said:
    They'd really benefit from some kind of online chat option or something.
    People are still wondering why organisations are so short staffed.  :/
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • KathysBoyKathysBoy Forumite
    235 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    As previously posted by others. I would NOT pay for any years prior to 2016\7 without making sure they increase my pension amount. Years from 2016/7 generate about £4.50 a week, with a payback of about 4 years, and is the best investment on the market. Years prior to 2016 may not generate extra income, it all depends on your NI record and how many contribution years you have left. You really need to speak to them first.