Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Returns on Faulty Goods - Dunelm

New Post Advanced Search

Returns on Faulty Goods - Dunelm

7 replies 547 views
713price713price Forumite
16 posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
I have a Dreamland electric blanket which I bought from Dunelm less than a year ago.  Normally I'd just return it to the store but obviously they're currently closed.  The website is very vague about what to do in the event of faulty goods - anyone got any advice?  Thanks

Replies

• sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its clear on their website

Faulty or Damaged Items

Dunelm has a legal obligation to sell goods to you in accordance with the contract we have agreed with you.

Online or Telephone Orders

If any item that we deliver to you arrives damaged or is faulty, or is otherwise not in accordance with our contract with you, then we will happily replace the item for free or refund the item. Please note that we will only refund the delivery charge if the whole order is damaged or faulty.

In-store Purchases

If any item we sell is damaged or is faulty, or is otherwise not in accordance with our contract with you, then we will happily replace the item for free or refund the item in accordance with our returns policy above.

To arrange a return https://www.dunelm.com/info/help/returns-and-cancellations

I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • 713price713price Forumite
    16 posts
    Thank you for your response - I did read that part but it refers to goods bought after 1 March 2020 and within 56 days - I wasn't sure if that you had bought goods prior to that it would be covered.  I'll give it a go and see what happens. 
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    713price said:
    Thank you for your response - I did read that part but it refers to goods bought after 1 March 2020 and within 56 days - I wasn't sure if that you had bought goods prior to that it would be covered.  I'll give it a go and see what happens. 
    It will be covered by warranty
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    As it is more than six months old, you may not be entitled to anything.

Some advice here https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/#goods
    16 posts
    Oh dear - I would have expected an electric blanket to have lasted more than 6 months - it wasn't a cheap one either.
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    713price said:
    Oh dear - I would have expected an electric blanket to have lasted more than 6 months - it wasn't a cheap one either.
    So would I. But the law is you need to prove it was a manufacturing fault present when you bought it. You might get something from them but it is harder to do.

Read this bit https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/?&_ga=2.227835359.333585589.1588591657-171477623.1585738403#accordion-content-0956538988-3
    16 posts
    Given that total usage has probably been way less than 6 months anyway - I'll buy the cheapest one next time.  Thanks for your help.