Forum Home » Cutting Tax

Delete Losses section from online Self assessment form

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Delete Losses section from online Self assessment form

5 replies 142 views
EnigmamanEnigmaman Forumite
196 posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
I am having trouble with one last stage of completing my SA form.
 It concerns the section that asks "Have you made any income tax losses".
As one of my self-employments has made a small loss (around £100) I originally checked "Yes" here, before reading the notes and seeing that this section is not intended for this type of loss. 
I attempted to amend this by checking "No" instead and clicking the "save"button at the bottom of the page, but it is not letting me do this. A box pops up saying that I have to delete the relevant losses section itself.
The problem is that I cannot see where to do this. If I go into the self-employment in question, I can only deleted entirely, which I do not want to do. Where and how do I go about deleting this section, please?

Replies

• purdyoaten2purdyoaten2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously we can’t see the online form? Did you tick this box on the ‘tailor your return’ section if it is an option? If so , untick it/ change it to ‘No’
  • EnigmamanEnigmaman Forumite
    196 posts
    Yes, I did tick the box...unfortunately I cannot see where to change it under "Tailor your return".   
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Is there no ‘Remove this Section’ or such wording at the end?
  • EnigmamanEnigmaman Forumite
    196 posts
    I am in the "About You" section near the start of the return.
    I get the error message shown in the attached screenshot. 
    Problem is, I cannot understand what they want me to delete.  The only loss I have is for one of my self-employments. The only section I can think of to delete is the section itself. Should I do that? Then I would only have to add it back. The HMRC guidance is far from clear. 
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Correct - from memory, at the bottom of each page it offers the option to delete this section. Can you not do that?