Next Refunds

Options
How long is it reasonable to have to wait for a refund in the current circumstances?  I returned an online purchase to Next, and they say that they processed my refund on 7 April 2020.  That was over three weeks ago now.  I have been in touch with them on their Facebook page and by email and each time they say they are looking into it, that the refund has been processed, and that the current world circumstances are to blame for the delay.  This morning, they told me to wait again until Monday 4 May 2020, by which time it will have been almost one month.  Is the wait reasonable, and is anyone else having similar issues?  Is there anything else I should be doing about this?  Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not much you can do about it just yet, it does seem a long wait for what is basically an automated process. Are we talking much £?
  • PipCL
    PipCL Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    venison said:
    Not much you can do about it just yet, it does seem a long wait for what is basically an automated process. Are we talking much £?
    Thanks for the reply.  It's about £60 ish.  That's what I thought, about the process, too.  I guess I'll just wait a little longer and see what they say the next time I have to email them.. 
    I tell you what though, I've never had money wait three or four weeks to leave MY account once I've 'processed' a purchase :wink:

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's reasonable in the current circumstances. It'll all be on record and sorted out eventually - yes it's taking far longer than usual - but they'll get there. Most of the support office staff will be working from home, and may not have access to systems as easily or readily as if they were still working in the office. Definitely a case of being patient. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback