Redundancy Money

Many years ago I was made redundant. I had a decent pay off. I was advised on this board, And indeed was sent a link, with what that money could be spent on.
If I remember correctly, it was the following.
You could Pay off any existing debts – purchase a vehicle/transport for work – for improvement from your house – take a holiday.
This link which was on the government site was soon taken down.
Therefore, what is the current situation with regard this? 
You were also given six months before you were assessed for your wealth and entitlement to jobseekers. Is this still the same?you also had to provide a statement from your from your bank for the last 12 months, again, is this still the same?
Note the above are genuine questions that I am sure many people would appreciate knowing.
Please read carefully my request and not as a fool might, muttering on about fraud, not the responsibility of the government to look after you when you have money, et cetera.
This has nothing to do with that. Any help appreciated.go on about fraud, not the responsibility of the government to look after you when you have money, et cetera.
This has nothing to do with that. Any help appreciated.
 Regards.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I dont understand what you mean? You can spend it on drugs and <insert any other vice> if you want to. 

Contribution JSA is available. It's available to anyone.

The other benefits have been put into UC and that has seperate limits. Turn2US has a calculator
  • Notebook
    Notebook Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Comms69 said:
    I dont understand what you mean? You can spend it on drugs and <insert any other vice> if you want to. 

Contribution JSA is available. It's available to anyone.

The other benefits have been put into UC and that has seperate limits. Turn2US has a calculator
    Well most say I will give it to my mother because I owed her 5k etc. However the same document stated that you would intentionally place yourself in poverty and therefore you would not get help. 
    A friend of mine had an ongoing confrontation because after a 15 year stint at the factory he took his wife and 2 children to Florida for a holiday. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback